How to whiten your skin effectively

Most western beauties prefer to get tanned hence are called sun worshippers. I think they love to bask in the sun to get that fresh from vacation look but they can also get that from tanning beds in salons and by sunless ways like lotions/sprays. But here in the eastern part of the world, we generally like to get whiter skin. It can be synonymous with beauty, neatness, cleanliness and attractiveness. I myself am born with really fair skin. I am half-Filipino and have Spanish/Chinese lineage.

These are personal tips I would like to share to maintain whiter skin:

  1. Use only whitening lotion/cream with sunscreen all over the face and body everyday. Reapply during the middle of the day as needed or if it was wiped off. 
  2. Stay out of the sun as much as you can (especially from 9 am to 4 pm) or if unavoidable cover as much exposed skin as you can. We want to prevent skin aging/burn and cancer.
  3. Use only whitening soaps.
  4. Use only lightening lotion/cream at night before sleeping. Popular ingredients include, but are not limited to, Glutathione, niacinamide, kojic, arbutin, licorice, mulberry, papaya. Be careful of some products that contain mercury- it is harmful.
  5. Exfoliate regularly with scrub or loofah.
  6. Try to bleach skin with kalamansi (green citrus like local lemon.)
  7. I avoid getting burned when I am in the beach during summer by using high SPF sunblock.
it is not all advantage to have fairer skin, because there are people who wouldn't like to pose beside you for the reason, and I quote, "..you make me look so dark."

Some people also use the whitening packs that you mix but I find that too messy, while others take glutathione supplements/drinks/injections.

Some people are happy with the skin they are born with, while others long to have it changed. Whatever rocks their boat, I say, just as long as it makes them happy. We have to respect that.

Comments

Popular Posts